- Each topic within the discussion room is called a “thread” or a "post."
- If you subscribe to a group, you will receive an email message whenever someone adds a post or comment.
Who may participate?
Workgroups and Committees are time-limited, and their membership is limited. Generally a call for members is made at the beginning of a cycle, and AETC directors nominate people from their region. The AETC NRC may also invite external experts at that time.
Collaboratives are for members of the AIDS Education and Training Center community, including:
- Local, regional, and national staff
- Training faculty
- HRSA, HIV/AIDS Bureau staff
- Other allied professionals, by invitation
Privacy and moderation
- The discussion boards are not moderated, which means that new posts will appear without staff review. The AETC NRC staff reserve the right to edit or remove any posts for reasons including factual errors, commercial solicitation, partisan advocacy, or abusive behavior.
- We will not send you email unless you opt to receive it by subscribing to a group, and we will not share your email address with anyone else. We will report in aggregate on the number of users, their locations, and type of work.
Ground rules, dos and don’ts
- Do participate and share your knowledge and experience.
- Do ask questions.
- Do look to see if your topic or question is already covered before starting a new thread.
- Do be respectful of other members with different opinions.
- Do use the discussion room to promote topic-related educational events, research and resources.
- Don't use the discussion room for fundraising, political advocacy, or commercial promotion.
- Don't use the discussion room to seek funding or a job.